Can you guys give us you non bias opinions on this plan? We aren't sold on it but want to play it out and see what you think. Let say we leave Toronto in two weeks and fly to Antigua and ready the boat for passage and sail to Grenada and then store the boat, at the same marina as Dad and Cheryls, and return back to Toronto (hopefully around June 20th). Still make the cottage and Alex's grad. We still drive across Canada in July and do our visits but when we return to Toronto on August 1st we work for one more month and finish the time on our contracts? We then return to Grenada in early September.
What do you think? We are struggling with this one.
- We would see Dad and Cheryl in June for a few days
- We could begin our trip in the water, instead of on the hard
- We would have an opportunity to start, come home and get things we need to continue the trip
- Save $4800 in Rent in Antigua
- Get the boat out of hurricane belt or at least on the edge
- We would of already sailed the caribbean islands and will be more willing to just begin sailing towards our destination of the Panama Canal.
- The kids miss a month of school, fall behind possibly
- Less time to organize our pack and move and sale of the car
- It isn't a slow and easy start, we need to jump right in, since we have a deadline.
- Costs $4000 return airfare
- Changes the plan from original