May 26, 2008

A little overwhelming - Julie (Sunday, May 25th)

Well, I would be lying if I said it didn't cause me a bit of panic to see our new home in such disarray. I guess a little part of me, was expecting a glorious moment, of stepping onto our boat "Artemo" and dancing around in celebration. Ok, it was a big part of me that was expecting this. Pretty much the opposite happened. We finally got to it and as to be expected, after sitting for a year, it needed to be aired out and put together. We all pretty much looked around in silence. We were also hot and tired.

The Perry family doesn't give up easily though. We all arrived bright and early on Sunday morning, prepared with loads of "Elbow Grease". We worked away. The kids and I emptied cupboard after cupboard, of man stuff. I am sure Grampa Earl would have thought each item I pulled out was a treasure, but to me, it seemed like a whole lot of dirty junk! Regardless, we cleaned and organized and Graham worked on getting new batteries, checking the engine, checking the fuel tank, installing the wind display, list goes on and on. We hope to get the new batteries installed tomorrow and hopefully fire up the engine. Fingers crossed. We want to move it over to the dock at the Villa we are staying, so we can easily transfer our stuff on board.

We ended the day by driving to a secluded beach and the four of us swam in the ocean. It seemed so perfect. In fact, Alex, being Alex, says..."We are living the dream"!!! I killed myself laughing, we all laughed. He had his arms crossed over his chest as he said it. You can picture him I am sure. Dream is a little bit different than I imagined but it sure is cool.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Julie and Graham - speaking from experience and from the heart I guarantee that there will be times- usually when the boat is acting up - that you might think "what the hell are we doing here". Trust me, it takes a lot less to bring you back on track than it took to bring you down - and you will be back on track!!! The thing you have going for you is Grahams expertise and enthusiasm and all of you being who you are - strong and capable
    Fair Winds and Smooth Seas
    Love from Dad and Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie and Graham
    Glad that you made it safe and sound. You guys will have the boat shipshape in no time. Hope all goes well. Love reading the blog, do you also get emails?
    I am so looking forward to seeing you at the cottage and this summer.
    Love you
    Mom PS send pictures please

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh, I think you need to take a look at Dad and Cheryl's blogs. They add in pictures along with their text. It makes it a better reading experience for the end user :>

    ReplyDelete