April 07, 2023

These are the nights I will remember

The moonlight trails Salty Ginger as we rock back and forth. The wing on wing sails are illuminated. A few stars and planets in the sky shine so brightly I wonder if they are spaceships. My music plays lightly in the cockpit. I'm all alone but not lonely. I feel connected and full. The sound of SG moving through the water. The gentle breeze coming across my back. I feel like a partner in this dance not an audience member. It feels powerful.


My 3 hour watch has flown by. I look forward to tucking myself into our cozy bed and being rocked to sleep, a return to womb feeling. I haven't had the "Are we there yet" thoughts yet. I know they'll come but I'm pretty sure that nights like tonight will be the ones I remember. 

No comments:

Post a Comment