April 19, 2023

Man the sheet

Graham woke me up with a knock on the hatch. I opened my eyes all excited and ran upstairs like Christmas morning. I was greeted by Graham saying it was time to take in the flogging sails and motor. He was in game mode, getting all the lines and such ready to bring everything in. He’s telling me to ease the preventor as he hardens the main sheet and I happen to look up and there is a beautiful island in front of me. I was like “Graham what the heck? Landho!! You buried the lead?” And he was like oh ya I saw that 1/2 hour ago . This is why he needs me. I of course was like …land babe…after 30 days at sea… this is very cool…this is a moment…this will be etched in our memories forever. He took a beat and smiled and said “man that sheet” lol. I love this guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment