April 10, 2023

Dance Party

I’m having a dance party for one on my watch. I feel so good and happy. I’m standing behind the helm. The sky is clear and star filled. The moon has begun to rise behind me. We are racing down the waves with a whoosh and a big sloosh of white frothy water washes out in front of us. I have my music on as loud as I dare without waking Graham or Tim. It’s dance party time and my partner is mother ocean. I sway and rock with the motion of the boat. I belt out the word I know to the songs. 


I wonder if this feels anything like being on a surf board. I’m happy. You can’t live your life in a constant state of happy and maybe that’s good because you know the opposite of it 😀. Just like the contrast of clear and stormy skies. You need the storms to fully appreciate nights like tonight. 


As you can imagine I have so much time to ponder all my thoughts out here. It’s a luxury I seem to rarely allow myself in regular life. 


We are beginning to talk about our arrival in Marquesas, signalling the end is coming. Graham is beginning to talk about all the jobs….back to boat work. I’m going to try and squeeze every bit of juice out of this final week. I dreamed and planned for so long to begin our circumnavigation and now here we are. Almost across our first leg our first ocean on Salty Ginger. Yup. I’m feeling happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment