April 09, 2023

Normal

Hmmm I was pondering today how there are moments now in the day where I don’t think about the fact that we are in the middle of the ocean. I’m beginning to be more micro in my thoughts. Almost like life is becoming “normal” on board. I’ve always been surprised how adaptable we are as humans. When I reflect on past circumstances that became my normal, I’m like “omg how did I live like that”? …..well I adapted 😀. I love my daily shower. That definitely resets my “normal” feeling. You’d be surprised how sticky from heat and salt we and all our things become during the day. It so nice for my skin to be smooth to the touch. I mentally feel better after a shower. 


Speaking of “normal” stuff, today we made some comfort foods that brought me home. The day began with pancakes, fried potatoes and scrambled eggs and for dinner the best spaghetti bolognese over spaghetti squash. The sauce reminded me of my grammas. So yum. I made some butter tarts this afternoon while watching the office. They turned out great and I laughed my ass off. Graham’s nanny Myrtle would have been proud. Our Easter treat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment