January 03, 2024

Chronicles of Gr-ulie

 I am lovin’ this sailing for fun. The tiller, the open cockpit and the light boat let you feel the whole experience and I’m here for it. It is so nice after all these years to not be gripped by fear when the boat leans way over. Yesterday we all had hot cups of tea and coffee in our hands as we flew along on quite the angle. Graham had the tiller in the other hand. 


Our days have been filled with sailing, walking, eating, visiting and playing “Ticket to Ride”. lol.  Graham loves this game and we bought one for our friends and had them learn how to play before we joined them on board lol. Each night as too much whiskey and chocolate are consumed a very serious game of trains ensues. They are giving Graham a run for his money. 


I keep joking we are in “Mojo Boot Camp”.  Little walks tend to include a few uphill climbs. One walk came down a very very very steep mountain and brought us to a very busy nudist beach. Right there at the trail head were two fairly large very white naked men spread eagle basking in the sun.  Oh my! Then as we proceeded to walk along the beach we were joined in pace with a very nice looking naked man on his cell phone. He pretty much walked the length of the beach with us. I was not expecting this on our walk ;-). 


Our new couple nic name is Gr-ulie. I’m loving it. We usually doing something silly each day to add to the “Chronicles of Grulie” as Enya has coined them. Yesterday I had a full shampoo shower under the beach shower with a few tourists around. True cruiser style. 


I’m sleeping better than I have been in a long time. It’s such a pleasure to be cared for and I definitely feel that here. Today we are off to a new anchorage. Mojo is moving along. The guys are up top chatting away discussing all things boats. Ondene is making bread and Enya is having a second sleep. I think we found our Mojo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment