November 29, 2021

My life is a Sprint

Recently I had an ah-ha moment. You are going to laugh when you hear what it was because I imagine most of our friends already knew this but it took me this long to realize it. I think "Sprint-Mode" is our happy place. Ground breaking news right! It isn't that we need to go have some fun because I think in our warped way we are, it's that we need to figure out balance in our lives. No matter what we do we tend to go full in. I've been fighting sprint mode my whole adult life. When I was younger I thought that if I took breaks from work I could combat this syndrome but I didn't realize I would just go full throttle into whatever was in my orbit. Sprint mode has allowed us to do some pretty awesome things in our lives and turning this 2008 Island Packet into our new floating home is one of them. 

Our first sail was a perfect re-introduction to moving our house. It was nice to have Millie and Elliott (**new couple name "Millett" 😂) on board for this. The wind was only 8-15 knots and no squalls 😃. We had almost every wind angle as we made our way up and around the bottom of Grenada and then back up the other side and off to the next Grenadian island called Carriacou. We got to have the full main and jib out and even got a bit of lean on at close hauled. We were able to see how she handles and how things shifted down below or stayed in place. Our first anchor went great, albeit we chose the least risky spot at the very back of the fleet and just like that we were "on the hook" and our new normal was underway. Mother nature applauded our accomplishment with an epic sunset. (see pics here)

Life has been feeling really good, like we are right where we are suppose to be. It feels so cozy and familiar as we settle into our new life. I am very grateful to have all these "Ailsa Firsts" with my water baby on board and her lovely partner Elliott. Amelia has grown into a strong, loving, interesting, funny and confident women. There are days I miss lil'Millie but this chapter is pretty darn awesome. 

"Millett" have been the cure for "Sprint-Mode". They have been our "Joy Enforcers" on board and have been putting some serious balance into our lives. Activities include snorkeling, swimming, dancing, beach time, reading, happy hours, cooking, late breakfasts, and a heck of a lot of laughing, ahhh the life. Love these two.

Perhaps guests in general will be the cure for sprint mode. A bunch of mini vaca's in our otherwise busy lives ;-). Hope to see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment