December 09, 2019

Ocean Inducing Meditation

Day after day of staring off into the deep blue sea. The endless rolls of the waves as far as the eye can see. The repetitive sounds of waves and splash. The sound of the wind gusting up and down. The comforting sound of water swooshing against the hull. The deepest blue sky. The puffy clouds. The smell of the ocean. The feel of the wind on my face and skin. The rising of the full sun over water and the triumphant radiance of rays streaming through the morning clouds. The closure of a day with sunsets that take your breath away. Living in the elements, so aware of the cycles of the moon, the weather and the sun. Mmmmmmmmm. Deep breath in and all of life's pressures escape on the exhale. Ahhhhhh

Yes this is day 16 at sea and the one that comes after hours upon hours of deep thought, reflection and ocean inducing meditation. ;-)

Soul Cleanse seems the best way to describe this feeling. The last few days I've been thinking a lot about perspective and how much joy perspective can bring to your life. I've been thinking that I need to vary my experiences and try new things to gain this perspective. Sometimes Mother Nature helps with providing me this. We can have 9 days of beautiful dependable steady sailing and then she reels up and shows you her teeth and all of a sudden the next sunny smooth day is so much sweeter.

This leads to my next train of thought regarding challenges. Walking towards my fears has always allowed me to reap huge rewards with personal feelings of success and satisfaction. In the moment though I sometimes question "Past Julie" for getting me into hairy situations but in the end the achievement of the goal is always so bloody sweet I forgive her.

Oh god I'm now talking in third person. Lol. Well I couldn't let this course of blogs end without one deep thoughts post.

We are now about 4 to 5 days from arrival and I'm savouring these last few days. Life is good and I am grateful.

3 comments:

  1. Poetry mom! That first paragraph was so eloquent. Cant wait to see what fears you press into next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Women's sobriety center Really I enjoy your site with effective and useful information. It is included very nice post with a lot of our resources.thanks for share. i enjoy this post.

    ReplyDelete